I did it! I jumped for a “garden” here at Horizon House! Actually, it’s a plot that cannot be gardened in the usual sense. It has roots from a Japanese Maple that we like a lot. We don’t want to cut out the roots, as we’d lose the tree! Drucilla, who had that plot, was moved to a place where she could actually dig. Now, what to do with that useless plot???
Just cover it with mulch? Why not place some pots there?
We had just cleaned up the three (3) decks so they could be resurfaced, which meant that all the pots sitting on those decks had to be removed. There was ample time for folks to claim their pots. I didn’t really want to buy new pots, when all those unclaimed pots were just sitting in the storage room. So I picked out a few, and pressed them into service!
Betty had a pot that she was not going to be able to use. It had some geraniums in it. I asked if I could use it in my “new garden”. She consented. At first I was going to remove the geraniums, but then decided to keep them. I would lay that container on it’s side, and put the two other pots around it.
Charlie and August helped me by moving heavy pots, and filling them with wonderful new soil. I trimmed back the geraniums and am hoping they will reach for the sun and begin to grow in that direction. They will hopefully provide some color. I planted drought resistant plants (mostly succulents) in all three pots. I’m hoping they will require very little care, and after they settle in, should look pretty nice!